Unlocking the play method of Shenyang Palace Museum

In 1625, the construction of Shenyang Imperial Palace began. It now has a history of nearly 400 years. Shenyang Imperial Palace was built by Nurhaci, the founder of the Qing Dynasty, and Huangtaiji, the second emperor of the Qing Dynasty, before they entered the pass. In 1616, Nurhaci, the leader of the Jurchen tribe of the Ming Dynasty, established the Khanate in Hetu Alar City, which was within the territory of present-day Xinbin, Liaoning, during the process of unifying the Jurchen tribes. In 1621, they occupied the Liaoshen region, and in 1625, they relocated from Liaoyang to Shenyang and built a palace within the city. In 1626, the khanate was re-established, and in 1636, Nurhaci officially ascended the throne and changed the name to "Great Qing." In 1644, the Great Qing moved its capital to Beijing, and Shenyang Imperial Palace became a palace for the emperor's visits.

In 1636 AD, Later Jin changed its country's name to Qing Dynasty, and the Chongzhen Hall was held here. The most important building in Shenyang Imperial Palace is the Chongzhen Hall. The entire hall is a five-bay, nine-pillar, hard mountain-style architecture, and the entire hall is made of wood. There are folding screens from south to north and stone carved railings from front to back. The roof of the hall is made of yellow glazed tiles, inlaid with green trimmed edges, with colored glazed dragon patterns and flame beads on the main ridge. The glazed tiles of the Beijing Imperial Palace are yellow, while those of the Shenyang Imperial Palace are green, and the trim is yellow. The Shenyang Imperial Palaces is very different from the Beijing Imperial Palace.
The Dazheng Hall, located on the east side of the Shenyang Imperial Palace Museum, is different from the Chongzheng Hall. The Chongzheng Hall, like the main hall of the imperial palace, is where the emperor conducts daily political affairs, commonly known as "holding court". However, the Dazheng Hall is a large "great hall" used for important gatherings, and it is rarely used under normal circumstances.
Fenghuang Tower is the tallest building in Shengjing at that time and also the highest point of the palace. Climbing up the Fenghuang Tower, one could see the entire Shenyang city. The decorative beams and frames of the Feng Tower are adorned with colorful dragon paintings on a red background. The central chamber is decorated with Sanskrit, phoenix, and seal script patterns of "endless longevity", where the emperor and empress often read or relax. The bottom layer serves as the main gate of the inner palace, serving as a passage in and out of the palace area. In fact, not only the Fenghuang Tower, but also every palace in the Shengjing palace was built on a platform of more than three meters high, surrounded by a circular wall, resembling a closed castle. This is in line with the traditional customs of the Manchu ancestors, the Jurchen people, who have long inhabited mountain areas.
The Qingning Palace, located in the east, consists of two palaces: Guanju Palace and Yanqing Palace. In the west, there are Linzhi Palace and Yongfu Palace. Looking outward, the entrance to the Qingning Palace is on the east side of the Manchu residential area.

Yongfu Palace

Yongfu Palace, located at the end of the Wugong, also known as the Second West Palace, was the residence of Zhuangfei, who had a prominent position among the consorts of Emperor Taiji. Zhuangfei, whose birth name was Bumubutai, was conferred with the title of Consort by Emperor Taiji in the first year of Chongde. She played a much greater role in the consolidation, development, and influence of the Qing government than the other four consorts, and is considered by later generations as the most accomplished consort in Qing history. Zhuangfei was also the niece of Empress Zhezhe, the Empress of the Central Palace, and the younger sister of Consort Hai Lan Zhu, the Consort of the Eastern Palace. The three of them were all descended from the Mongolian Khorchin tribe.